Employment Opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Data Scientist with a strong passion for extracting insights from large data sets, which would drive club design, testing methods, and club-fitting philosophies. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and is positioned within the Analysis and Testing department, who are responsible for designing/executing tests and experiments for the Innovation, Design, and Project Engineering teams, as well as providing analysis of the results. The incumbent will have a strong enthusiasm for empirical research and answering relevant questions with data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Innovation, Design, and Project Engineering groups to answer relevant questions utilizing historical and recent test data.
- Create tools and visualizations that help the engineering team process, understand, and apply experimental results.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to the engineering team and ensure it is stored in an efficient and accessible fashion.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypotheses.
- Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the engineering team.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. MS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, predictive analysis, machine learning, etc.
- Practical experience with SQL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Strong data analysis skills and mathematical statistical tool proficiency (R, SAS, Matlab, etc.). Excellence in at least one of these tools is highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Expert with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and concise manner.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Senior Accountant. This position reports to the Operations Accounting Manager. This position will work in a cross-functional team to help analyze the financial impact of new product development and ongoing manufacturing operations. This position will analyze and communicate operating results and present key analysis to top management. This position will assist in the quarterly inventory, margin analysis and monthly close process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Minimum four years’ accounting experience, two of which in public accounting (preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and presenting financial results to upper management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction under pressure.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Dynamics AX (preferred).
Staff Test Engineer
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Staff Test Engineer. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Analysis and Testing Manager within the Engineering department. The primary responsibility for this role is to be a key technical resource for hard goods testing of golf equipment. This includes working with internal and external teams to deliver superior capability for performance and durability testing. The ideal candidate will have experience with testing and qualification in conjunction with hands-on experience developing new tests and testing equipment.
- BS in Physics, Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited university, with a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Deep understanding of testing practices and methodologies (such as ASTM, ISO, DIN, SAE, MIL, etc.)
- Strong background in statistical analysis methods and reporting.
- Working knowledge of golf-related manufacturing and assembly processes (e.g. casting, forging, composites, adhesives, tool design, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with demonstrable skills in technical documentation and oral presentation of technical concepts.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, and data analysis skills, and proven ability to complete projects in a timely and successful fashion.
- Must have demonstrated capability using software programming tools (such as LabView, Matlab, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with CAD/CAE tools. PTC Creo is preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams for important projects, including mentoring less senior engineers and technicians.
- Provide general technical leadership on projects aimed at developing methods, fixtures, or equipment for testing products or experimentation. This includes considerations such as mechanical design, software development, databases, work instructions, and related documentation.
- Performs all aspects of testing including developing written test procedures, operating tests, documenting results, statistical reporting, and advanced analysis.
- Work closely with the Design, Project, and Innovation teams to promote a solid understanding of product testing requirements to ensure desired product performance and durability are verified.
- Liaison with other departments for understanding and communicating testing needs and methods.
- Aid other Test Engineers and Technicians with the calibration and maintenance of equipment and tools.
- Occasional domestic and rare overseas travel may be required.
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Senior Software Engineer
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Senior Software Engineer. This position reports to the Director of Digital Business and will have overall responsibility for working with designers and developers, under the direction of project managers, to plan, estimate, code, debug, test, and support various outward-facing web sites, mobile apps, and other software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Complete project development tasks as assigned, ensuring code conformity to established methodologies and standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems within the scope of assigned tasks, asking for help when needed.
- Define data (database schema, etc.) and software architecture for a project.
- Estimate project task efforts and report discrepancies to project manager.
- Lead project deployment execution with team-members.
- Identify technical systems related to assignments and ensure proper documentation for effective use.
- Conduct testing to verify quality of code to ensure all features are functional prior to hand-off.
- Create portions of test and deployment plans for use after hand-off.
- Maintain project files using version control system, as directed.
- Communicate progress and roadblocks regarding task and feature completion to project manager.
- When leading projects, the software engineer may be asked to perform project level code reviews to ensure quality of the project.
- Provide training and technical assistance to programming staff; may be asked to perform as a mentor for other developers.
- Train users on systems and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Requires a B. S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems, plus a minimum five years’ progressive application programming/systems analysis work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word), and web technologies (FTP, browsers, basic HTML, data files,) required. Development experience with Kentico EMS and Microsoft Azure is highly desired.
- Ability to perform all aspects of application development including the coordination of others on small projects with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to take direction and communicate openly with mentor, development leads, and manager.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming principles and patterns. Familiar with programming best practices (naming conventions, coding standards, architecture).
- Demonstrated proficiency with a modern version control system such as Subversion, Git or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of programming domains (server architecture, security standards, accessibility standards, database access and usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking, and so on).
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, presentation and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and keep up with administrative requirements of the position.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Product Specialist. This Phoenix, Arizona based position reports to the Fitting Manager and will have overall responsibility for, among other things, providing excellent customer service, fitting consumers with PING’s latest product offerings, and conducting facility tours. Must be available to travel a month at a time.
- Bachelor's degree from a properly accredited college or university, plus one year related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Company, PING product line, golf and the golf industry.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- 39 Month MVR must not include:
- more than one accident or moving violation within the past 12 months, no more than two accidents or moving violations within the prior 36 months;
- a DUI/DWI citation;
- a speed violation greater than 20 mph above the posted limit;
- a hit and run citation;
- a reckless driving citation.
- Perform the duties of Consumer Relations Specialist when scheduled. Promote excellent customer and consumer relations.
- Represent the company at trade or consumer demo/fitting days and seminars throughout the country, providing product information, insight, fitting and technical support on all PING products.
- Work through PGA sections, regions and individual accounts to educate them on the product, brand, and Company.
- Participate in consumer and/or trade shows.
- Work directly with and support local field representatives.
- Serve as a research tentacle by obtaining information on products, policies, and brand through face-to-face contact with customers and consumers. Provide this information to product managers, engineering, and management.
- Provide minor club repair, including loft and lie adjustments, professional fitting and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to professionally present products to customers with professionalism, conviction, and complete product knowledge.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Computer literate: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Please only non-tobacco users. PING/KMC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. EOE M/F/D/V