Employment Opportunities at PING
PING products are designed, engineered and assembled at the company's corporate headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. The company employs workers in a variety of capacities, including golf club production, customer service, administrative, engineering and managerial positions.
PING/KMC offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the job posting. Remember to insert the job title in the subject of your correspondence.
Staff Industrial Designer
PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Staff Industrial Designer. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Design & Development Manager within the Soft Goods department. The primary responsibility for this role is the creation and functionality of new soft goods, including golf bags and accessories. This may include the overall appearance of the product, including graphics, branding, color selection, and mechanical functionality. This position also supports development of marketing and communication information as needed by the sales and marketing departments.
At PING, our people are our greatest asset. By placing our people in roles that support their passions and strengths, they will thrive in their efforts to continuously deliver the best golf equipment and accessories in the world. The fundamental core value within PING Soft Goods is knowledge. Every team member contributes to our world-class knowledge capture system as the means by which we deliver performance driven innovation that differentiates us from our competitors and provides enhanced value to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Product Design from a properly accredited college or university, plus a minimum 3 years’ experience designing and developing innovative products; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of 3D design programs Pro E (Creo) and/or Solidworks.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Talent and ability to perform 2D and 3D sketch and rendering (computer, pencil & markers).
- Familiarity with principles of color, textures, human factors and form as they relate to designing excellent products.
- Should possess a solid knowledge of aesthetic design as well as abstract design.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team skills with the ability to gain consensus.
- Intermediate knowledge of manufacturing processes, plastics and other engineering materials.
- Ability to effectively participate in focused cross-disciplinary business meetings.
- Should possess a familiarity with Ping, Inc. product line, the game of golf and the Golf Industry.
- Produce soft goods designs that advance PING’s design image, product performance and appeal to targeted consumers.
- Provide sketches and line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and detail sketches as needed. Occasionally provide design/concept boards to communicate design and color direction.
- Follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements.
- Design and develop parts as required by each soft good product.
- Work closely with development and production vendors to ensure the final design integrity of the product.
- Responsible for understanding, following, and supporting all pertinent ISO procedures, company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
This position reports to Patent Counsel and works directly with PING’s engineers regarding their inventions. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for drafting invention disclosures, writing patent applications for golf related subject matter (drivers, irons, putters, soft-goods such as golf bags, etc.), prosecuting patent applications (writing responses to office actions and handling other formalities of a patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office), analyzing patents for scope and their protection, assisting with inventorship determinations, and giving presentations on various patent related topics. The position will lead to the Patent Engineer sitting for the Patent Bar exam for the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
This is a groundbreaking program that provides an engineer the tools to have a rewarding and lucrative career in patent law. The attorney in charge of this position has trained engineers and other patent attorneys for over 10 years and ran the training program for a major patent firm in the Midwest.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or related field. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Prior directly related experience via employment or internships.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills with the proven ability to build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, manage and participate in cross-disciplinary business meetings and training sessions.
- Strong organization, time management and recordkeeping skills.
- Possess a high level of computer literacy of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAD mechanical drawing program, such as CREO or ProE.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and keep up with the administrative requirements of the position with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate trust and credibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Motivated and proactive self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work efficiently with teams under minimal supervision.
- Ability to promote positive cooperation and clear communication within IP team and with internal clients.
Project Engineer - Hard Goods
PING is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Hard Goods Project Engineer, leading development efforts for golf club components. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona, and reports to the Project Engineering Manager within the Engineering department. The primary responsibility for this role is to lead new product development projects from final design to commercialization, working with both internal teams and external component suppliers. The ideal candidate will have experience in product development, and interest and enthusiasm for the game of golf.
At PING, our people are our greatest asset. By placing our people in roles that support their passions and strengths, they will thrive in their efforts to continuously deliver the best golf equipment in the world. The fundamental core value within PING Engineering is knowledge. Every team member contributes to our world-class knowledge capture system as the means by which we deliver performance driven innovation that differentiates us from our competitors and provides enhanced value to our customers.
Qualifications, Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Leading new golf club development projects from final design to commercialization.
- Working with Domestic and International suppliers to ensure manufactured product meets design intent.
- Initiating and maintaining the matrix of test requirements for each product and related components.
- Identifying potential risk items for each new product by conducting FMEA reviews.
- Working closely with the Design Engineering team to promote a solid understanding of product design and process requirements for each project and to ensure specific product requirements are properly captured.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Industrial Operations preferred) or an equivalent scientific discipline from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product development role.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal and team skills required.
- Superior organization and project management skills required.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from project initiation through to commercialization.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, focus, participate in and/or lead cross-disciplinary meetings and problem solving efforts.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs and should have a working knowledge of CAD/CAE design software.
- Some domestic and international travel is required.
Business Development Leader
Karsten Manufacturing Corporation is seeking a seasoned Business Development Leader with a deep knowledge base in the manufacturing landscape. The incumbent will be responsible for driving all business management functions involved with establishing new, subsidiary businesses of Karsten Manufacturing Corporation (KMC). This position will interface directly with KMC’s technical experts, legal team, and executives in order to select, advance, and commercialize new business concepts.
Definition of Role
- Prospect and recommend new non-golf business opportunities and develop long-term relationships with key team and company stakeholders based on mutual values, respect and trust.
- Take on the exciting challenge of all strategic and operational responsibilities required in initiating and developing internal and external partnerships.
- Collect and analyze data about target markets, industry and company to help develop innovative strategies to acquire new business partners.
- Design new partner concepts and business models by considering factors such as market segmentation, value proposition, product positioning, and pricing strategy to meet profitability goals. Develop, refine and own the execution of win-win partner programs, sales processes, go-to-market strategies, and business development initiatives that drive revenue growth and market expansion as well as existing partnerships.
- Identify Opportunities and Form Strategic Alliances. Identify, prioritize, and develop specific partner opportunities and strategic alliances optimized for exceptional user and revenue growth. Coordinate cross-functional partner and alliance execution with internal and partner stakeholders across Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal.
- Identify priority markets and opportunities and develop specific plans to drive results in those markets. Prepare for and negotiate with potential partners.
- Launch new products and brands, working with copywriters and web developers to create websites and ads, and optimize channels.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field, plus a minimum 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a strategic or business development role. Master’s degree preferred.
- Effective and adaptable communicator: You ask effective questions and have great listening skills to engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, especially with prospects and customers.
- Demonstrated success in research, exploration and execution of partnership opportunities.
- Proven record of successful business development in large enterprise, including acquiring consulting projects from new clients.
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of projects, up to 50% of the time.
Senior Human Resources Representative
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and will have overall responsibility for providing support in functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training, AAP/EEO, and design and implementation of Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field from a properly accredited college or university, plus a minimum eight years’ progressively responsible human resources experience and/or training and HR certification (PHR; SPHR; SHRM-CP; SHRM-SCP); OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Possesses well developed active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess excellent detail orientation, interpersonal, organizational and team skills with the ability to gain consensus.
- Must be culturally aware, diplomatic and able to handle day-to-day personnel-related information in a confidential manner.
- Must possess at least an intermediate level of computer literacy of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); UltiPro HRIS (preferred).
- Possesses advanced analytical skills to conduct analyses and develop HR process and system recommendations.
- Provides full cycle recruitment support including, but not limited to, developing recruitment material, sourcing, candidate communication, conducting phone interviews, instructing hiring managers on legal recruitment practices, organizing interviews, participating on interview teams, maintaining compliant recruitment files, onboarding.
- Provides comprehensive HR support in developing and administering policies and programs in the areas of employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, training, and other areas of HR.
- Counsels employees concerning sensitive and difficult to resolve work-related problems and recommends to senior management systemic remedies such as training, changes to organization practices and procedures, etc.
- Conducts internal investigations and advises Director of HR of results; recommends actions for resolution.
- Handles employee separations; conducts exit interviews and provides data analyses to management.
- Applies advanced HR concepts to counsel management on HR issues, Company policies, procedures, and appropriate practices.
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to Director of HR for requests for equity compensation and new position development/classification.
- Works with supervisors and employees to create individual development plans. Advises employees on training options and career path opportunities.
- Researches HR best practices and current trends on a variety of HR subject areas required for the development of new programs. Provides Director of HR with accurate, comprehensive, and reliable information and develops recommendations.
- Participates in the design, development, delivery and administration of training programs as needed for staff and management on various HR topics, new procedures and systems, and career development.
This Phoenix, Arizona based position reports to the Fitting Manager and will have overall responsibility for, among other things, providing excellent customer service, fitting consumers with PING’s latest product offerings, and conducting facility tours. Must be available to travel a month at a time. PING, Inc., maker of PING golf equipment, is seeking a Product Specialist. This Phoenix, Arizona based position reports to the Fitting Manager and will have overall responsibility for, among other things, providing excellent customer service, fitting consumers with PING’s latest product offerings, and conducting facility tours. Must be available to travel a month at a time.
- Bachelor's degree from a properly accredited college or university, plus one year related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Company, PING product line, golf and the golf industry.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- 39 Month MVR must not include:
- more than one accident or moving violation within the past 12 months, no more than two accidents or moving violations within the prior 36 months;
- a DUI/DWI citation;
- a speed violation greater than 20 mph above the posted limit;
- a hit and run citation;
- a reckless driving citation.
- Perform the duties of Consumer Relations Specialist when scheduled. Promote excellent customer and consumer relations.
- Represent the company at trade or consumer demo/fitting days and seminars throughout the country, providing product information, insight, fitting and technical support on all PING products.
- Work through PGA sections, regions and individual accounts to educate them on the product, brand, and Company.
- Participate in consumer and/or trade shows.
- Work directly with and support local field representatives.
- Serve as a research tentacle by obtaining information on products, policies, and brand through face-to-face contact with customers and consumers. Provide this information to product managers, engineering, and management.
- Provide minor club repair, including loft and lie adjustments, professional fitting and problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to professionally present products to customers with professionalism, conviction, and complete product knowledge.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills, and demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Computer literate: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Please only non-tobacco users. PING/KMC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. EOE M/F/D/V